How to deal with the situation where an important client refuses to have an employee back on its site
Author: Tina Elliott
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Be aware that you must balance protecting your commercial interests with the employee's employment rights.
- Take into account that there is potential for a dismissal as a result of third-party pressure to dismiss to be fair, provided that you have acted reasonably.
- Ascertain the nature of the problem to see whether there is any scope for resolution.
- Consider what injustice might be caused to the employee when deciding whether or not to dismiss and consider alternatives to dismissal where appropriate.
- Place appropriate wording in contracts of employment, and on induction warn employees that third parties may intervene to take steps to remove them from site.