How to design, introduce and run a performance-related pay scheme
Author: Sylvia Doyle
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Consider whether or not performance-related pay is a good fit for the organisation.
- Review the effectiveness of the current performance management and pay arrangements.
- Look at what the budget available for pay awards will be and how the scheme would work in later years if the budget was lower.
- Plan how the project will be managed, making sure that communication and consultation are built in from the start.
- Consider how line managers will be trained and supported in order for performance assessments and pay recommendations to be fair and consistent.
- Build equality considerations into the design, implementation and review of the performance-related pay scheme.
- Put in place effective mechanisms for reviewing and measuring the scheme's success.