How to implement a hybrid working model
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Understand what is meant by hybrid working.
- Consider whether hybrid working is suitable for your organisation by assessing the practical implications and the fit with the organisation's culture.
- Consult the workforce on their preferred working patterns and any benefits and challenges.
- Obtain buy-in from senior leadership.
- Decide what model to adopt and draw up a hybrid working policy.
- Consider implementing a trial period to assess the suitability of the hybrid working model.
- Communicate the proposal to the workforce.
- Assess whether it will be necessary to amend employees' contracts in relation to their place of work.
- Hold individual meetings with the workforce to discuss the proposed new working arrangements.
- Confirm the new arrangements in writing and obtain employees' consent to any variation of contract.
- Take steps to ensure the long-term success of the hybrid working model by training line managers and reviewing relevant policies and practices.