How to introduce and manage mental health first-aid provision in the workplace
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Understand the importance of protecting and promoting employees' mental wellbeing.
- Be aware of the different levels of mental health first-aid training available and consider which courses to offer.
- Understand the role of trained mental health first-aiders within an organisation.
- Decide how many employees to offer training to and consider who should be trained.
- Consider what support for mental health first-aiders to put in place.
- Provide staff with information about mental health first-aid provision across the organisation.
- Respect the importance of confidentiality in the role of mental health first-aiders.
- Consider what other measures could be put in place to protect and promote good mental health among employees.
- Review the effectiveness of the mental health first-aid programme and take steps to ensure that it is meeting its aims.