How to retain a sponsor licence
Updating author: Jamie Cameron, Burges Salmon
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Be aware that you must have a valid sponsor licence and certificates of sponsorship for workers whom you employ under the skilled worker category of the points-based system.
- If you have a B rated licence, take steps to comply with the action plan within the set timescale.
- Be prepared for a visit by the Home Office.
- Put in place procedures to ensure that all relevant documents are accessible.
- Keep the sponsor management system up to date.
- Ensure that you have allocated roles to key personnel.
- Comply with reporting duties.
- Renew your sponsor licence in good time.
- In the event of a TUPE transfer, ensure that you carry out the relevant sponsor duties.