How to retain a sponsor licence
Updating author: Huw Cooke, Burges Salmon
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Be aware that you must have a valid sponsor licence and certificates of sponsorship for workers you employ under the skilled worker category of the points-based system.
- Be prepared for a visit by the Home Office.
- Put in place procedures to ensure that all relevant documents are accessible.
- Keep the sponsor management system up to date.
- Reallocate roles if key personnel leave the organisation or change position.
- Report changes in individual sponsored workers' circumstances.
- If you have a B-rated licence, take steps to comply with the action plan within the set timescale.
- Renew your sponsor licence in good time.
- In the event of a TUPE transfer, ensure that you carry out the relevant sponsor duties.