How to set up an out-of-school-hours scheme
Author: Louis Wustemann
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Consider funding existing provision or sharing the costs and administration of a scheme with other local employers.
- Understand when it is necessary to register on the Early Years Register and/or the Childcare Register.
- Make sure that all aspects of the scheme comply with the relevant statutory requirements, depending on the ages of the children attending the scheme.
- Ensure that premises for out-of-school clubs are accessible and have adequate space for all activities.
- Make sure that adequate staffing can be maintained at all times.
- Take into account that grants may be available from the Big Lottery Fund.
- Be aware that the running costs of a scheme are tax deductible.