How to set up, manage and review a shift system
Author: Tony Hatton-Gore
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Consider how shift working will help to meet business needs.
- Choose a suitable shift pattern, taking into account the business requirements.
- Set the level of shift premiums.
- Set out the terms of shift working in the employment contract.
- Be aware of the specific management issues arising from employing shift workers.
- Regularly review shift-working arrangements, including the shift patterns, the shift premiums and the management of shift workers.