How to use a salary survey
Author: Mark Crail
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Consider the situations in which a salary survey would be used.
- Be aware of the limitations on the uses to which a salary survey can be put.
- Find the pay data that is needed for the task facing the organisation.
- Understand the context in which the organisation is working, including both the external market and the organisation's strategy.
- Assess the usefulness and reliability of the data available.
- Exercise professional judgment and decide whether or not compromises are needed.
- Select the appropriate data tool for the task in hand.
- Use the data to inform recommendations and make decisions.