How to use positive action when taking steps to close the gender pay gap
Author: Jo Broadbent
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Understand why employers might consider using positive action to address a gender pay gap.
- Understand the difference between positive action, which can be lawful, and positive discrimination, which is not.
- Remember that positive action is entirely voluntary.
- Know when general positive action under s.158 of the Equality Act 2010 is lawful.
- Recognise different measures that could amount to general positive action.
- Develop a general positive action plan.
- Know when positive action in recruitment and promotion under s.159 of the Equality Act 2010 is lawful.
- Be aware of the steps to take when using positive action in recruitment and promotion.