Brazil: Contracts of employment
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Brazil, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- In general, there are no statutory requirements as to the form or content of individual employment contracts, which may be oral or written. (See General)
- Probationary periods may be stipulated as a term in an open-ended employment contract, or take the form of a specific fixed-term contract for this purpose. (See Probationary periods)
- Open-ended contracts are the norm and fixed-term contracts may be concluded only in specified circumstances and for a specified maximum period. (See Types of contract)
- There is no statutory obligation on the employer to provide the employee with a written statement of the main terms and conditions of employment. (See Written statement of terms of employment)
- The employer cannot unilaterally amend the employment contract. (See Variation of contract)