China: Health and safety
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > China, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- General employment legislation provides that employees have a right to occupational health and safety protection. (See General)
- Employers and employees have various duties regarding health and safety. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- There is no statutory requirement on employers to ensure the election or appointment of employee health and safety representatives. (See Safety representatives)
- The Ministry of Emergency Management and the National Health Commission are the national government authorities mainly responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with legislation on work safety and occupational diseases. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- Employers are obliged to make contributions in respect of their employees to the statutory occupational injury insurance scheme, which covers both occupational injuries and diseases. (See Compensation for injury or illness)