Czech Republic: Contracts of employment
See the legal services provided by the authors of XpertHR International > Czech Republic, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- The employment relationship must be based on a written employment contract. (See General)
- Employees may be subject to a probationary period of up to three months (six months for managerial employees), if this is agreed in writing. (See Probationary periods)
- Part-time or seasonal work may in some circumstances be performed on the basis of an "agreement on work performed outside an employment relationship", rather than an employment contract, and the workers concerned are not covered fully by employment legislation. (See Types of contract)
- If the employment contract does not contain certain information about the terms of the employment relationship, the employer must give the employee a written statement providing this information, within seven days of employment starting. (See Written statement of terms of employment)
- The terms of an employment contract can generally be varied only if the employer and employee agree on the change. (See Variation of contract)
- An employer and an employee are generally permitted to sign a non-competition agreement. (See Non-competition clauses)