Czech Republic: Health and safety
See the legal services provided by the authors of XpertHR International > Czech Republic, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- The employer is solely responsible for ensuring occupational health and safety protection, and neither costs nor responsibilities can be transferred to employees. (See General)
- Employers have numerous statutory health and safety duties, while employees have a range of duties and rights. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- Employee representatives, or, in their absence, employees, have information, consultation and other participation rights in the area of health and safety. (See Safety representatives)
- The State Labour Inspection Office is responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with health and safety legislation. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- Employers are covered by a statutory insurance scheme to meet their liabilities for work-related injuries and illnesses suffered by employees. (See Compensation for occupational injury or illness)