Hungary: Contracts of employment
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Hungary, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Employment contracts must be in writing and stipulate at least the employee's basic wage, job title and place of work. (See General)
- An employment contract may provide for a probationary period of up to three months, or up to six months where permitted by an applicable collective agreement. (See Probationary periods)
- Employment contracts are generally assumed to be open ended and for full-time work, unless a fixed term and/or part-time work is explicitly stipulated in the contract. (See Types of contract)
- An employer must generally provide an employee with a written statement of the main terms and conditions of employment, within 15 days after employment starts. (See Written statement of terms of employment)
- The employee and the employer must generally agree on any variation of the terms of the employment contract, but exceptions apply in some circumstances. (See Variation of contract)