Hungary: Health and safety
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Hungary, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Employers are responsible for health and safety at work and have a duty to implement the statutory requirements in this area. (See General)
- Employers have numerous specific statutory health and safety duties, while employees also have various obligations in this area. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- Employees in organisations with at least 20 employees must elect safety representatives, with information, consultation and other rights. (See Safety representatives)
- The public Labour Inspectorate is the main body responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with health and safety legislation. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- A mandatory occupational accident and illness insurance scheme forms part of the public social insurance system. (See Compensation for occupational injury or illness)