Italy: Health and safety
See the legal services provided by the author of XpertHR International > Italy, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Health and safety in employment is regulated by statute and by directives issued by the public health and safety authorities. (See General)
- Employers and employees have various duties regarding health and safety. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- Employees must appoint or elect at least one safety representative, or a joint representative with the employees of other small establishments in the same sector and geographical area. (See Safety representatives)
- The public Labour Inspectorate has the role of monitoring whether or not employers are complying with health and safety legislation. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- All employees must be insured against work-related accidents and occupational illnesses with the public insurance institute. (See Compensation for injury or illness)