Netherlands: Recruitment and selection
Updating author: Wouter Engelsman and Jasper Hoffstedde, CLINT | Littler
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Netherlands, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Direct and indirect discrimination in access to employment is prohibited on various grounds. (See Discrimination)
- There are rules about what job advertisements can and cannot state. (See Advertising vacancies)
- Apart from discrimination law, there is no general statutory framework governing recruitment and selection. (See General)
- The minimum age for "regular" employment is 16, although there are special rules regarding anyone under the age of 18. (See Young people and children)
- There are restrictions on the employment of nationals of countries outside the pre-2013 EU member states and the EEA countries. (See Foreign nationals)