Qatar: Contracts of employment
This resource is not currently being updated. It was last reviewed and updated in September 2023.
Original and updating author: Frank Lucente, Al Tamimi & Company
See the legal services provided by the author of XpertHR International > Qatar, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- The original version of employment contracts must be in Arabic. (See General)
- The employment contract may provide for a probationary period of no longer than six months. (See Probationary periods)
- Legislation provides that employment contracts may be either for a fixed term or open ended. (See Types of contract)
- Employment contracts must be in writing and contain certain minimum terms. (See Written contract of employment)
- The basic rule is that the parties to the employment contract must agree to any variation of the contract's terms (preferably in writing). (See Variation of contract)