Saudi Arabia: Contracts of employment
Consultant editor: Sara Khoja, Clyde & Co LLP
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Saudi Arabia, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Employers must issue employment contracts in writing to employees. (See General)
- Probationary periods are permitted. (See Probationary periods)
- Legislation provides that employment contracts may be either for a fixed term or open ended. (See Types of contract)
- Employment contracts must contain certain specified terms. (See Written contract of employment)
- The basic rule is that the parties to the employment contract must agree to any variation of the contract's terms in writing. (See Variation of contract)