Adoption: Handle an adoption leave and pay request (UK adoption situation)
When to use this adoption workflow
Use this adoption workflow when an employee informs you that they have been matched with a child for adoption.
Employees have the right to take a year's statutory adoption leave for the purpose of caring for their new son or daughter. They may also be entitled to receive statutory adoption pay for up to 39 weeks.
- Check that the employee has given the required notice and satisfied the evidential requirements for adoption leave [and pay]
- Respond to the employee confirming their statutory adoption leave [and pay] arrangements
- Consider how the employee's work will be covered while he or she is on adoption leave
Key "What if...?" events
- What if? ... the employee wants to change the adoption leave start date
- What if? ... the employee wants to return to work early from adoption leave