Podcast: Are your employment contracts fit for purpose?
When was the last time you reviewed your employees' contracts of employment? Do they reflect changed circumstances and current business needs? Max Winthrop, partner and head of the employment law team at Short, Richardson and Forth LLP, examines why it is important to understand and review your employees' contracts of employment, including those terms that may evolve through custom and practice.
We also discuss flexibility clauses, the role of reaching agreement and contractual terms that may seem less important but are nonetheless central to the contract.
So when it comes to the contract of employment, all the terms that are vital to that may not be in one single document, or sometimes not even in a document at all. So the terms in a contract of employment can come from all sorts of different places.
- Written statement of terms and conditions of employment (employee)
- How to change the terms of existing employment contracts
- Employment law guide: Common contract terms
- Podcast: When can an employer dismiss for some other substantial reason?
- Listen to previous podcasts