Podcast: Conducting right to work checks
Kate Gamester, knowledge development lawyer at Charles Russell Speechlys LLP, discusses what employers need to know about carrying out right to work checks in the UK, including: the process for conducting checks; coronavirus-related concessions; and conducting checks on European nationals following Brexit.
[Note: This podcast was recorded before the Government's announcement on 12 May 2021 that the temporary COVID-19 adjusted right to work checks will end on 20 June 2021.]
- Immigration routes for employing migrants in the UK
- Employment law manual: Immigration rules and right to work
- Record of all workers' right to work in UK form
- How to deal with an employee who no longer has the right to work in the UK
- Working remotely from abroad: What employers need to know