Podcast: Creating a transgender inclusive workplace
Joanne Lockwood, transgender awareness specialist and founder of SEE Change Happen, shares her experience as a transgender woman in the workplace, and explores how organisations can cultivate transgender inclusive practices. We discuss how employers can "smile, engage and educate"; the importance of creating psychologically safe workplaces; the support employers can offer to a trans person's family, friends and colleagues; meaningful recruitment initiatives; and easy wins/fails.
- Transgender equality policy
- Supporting an employee who is transitioning action plan
- Leading practice guides: Supporting non-binary and transgender equality in the workplace
- Podcast: How do you create a more racially diverse and inclusive workplace?
- Listen to previous podcasts