Podcast: Diversity and inclusion questions we shy away from asking
Most people want to say and do the right thing when it comes to diversity and inclusion but often hold back from asking questions out of a fear of being judged.
We put some of those often unasked, and sometimes provocative, questions to Joy Stephens, a US-based diversity, equality and inclusion consultant. Joy discusses, among other things, what being "woke" really means; what separates tokenism from meaningful action; whether white middle class men can really be effective proponents of the diversity agenda; and why the Black community can use the "N word" but other communities cannot.
It's important to remember that inclusion includes everyone. This is not replacement oppression, this is bringing everybody together and there's a place at the table for everyone including the people who were already there.
- Podcast: How do you create a more racially diverse and inclusive workplace?
- Understanding and accommodating non-binary identities within the workplace
- Podcast: Creating a transgender inclusive workplace
- Training: Unconscious bias
- Listen to previous podcasts