Podcast: Managing the end of a redundancy process
David Whincup, partner and head of employment at law firm Squire Patton Boggs, shares his practical tips on managing the end of a redundancy process, including: calculating redundancy pay; making payments in lieu of notice; using settlement agreements; and keeping redundancy survivors informed.
We are also joined by Zeba Sayed, employment law editor at XpertHR, to discuss the key documents that employers will need to use when making staff redundant.
- Letter giving employee notice of dismissal for redundancy
- Form setting out redundancy payment calculation
- Model settlement agreement
- Letter inviting employee to redundancy appeal hearing
- Letter informing employee of outcome of redundancy appeal hearing
- Letter informing employee provisionally selected for redundancy that their job is safe (individual consultation)
- Listen to previous podcasts