Podcast: Reluctant returners
What are the employment law issues you need to know about when managing reluctant returners?
Darren Newman, employment lawyer, guides you through the key legal considerations to have in mind when handling employees who are reluctant to return to the workplace following a period of remote working, including issues relating to:
- the contract of employment;
- custom and practice;
- vulnerable employees;
- employees who have relocated;
- flexible working; and
- a refusal to follow a reasonable instruction.
If there is something you want to instruct employees to do, if there's a rule that you feel you need to impose, be able to explain why you have that rule.
- How to respond where an employee is reluctant to return to the workplace
- Liveflo: Respond to an employee who is reluctant to return to the workplace
- Coronavirus and return-to-work planning: Letter to employee who refuses, or is reluctant, to return to work
- What should the employer do if an employee is reluctant to return to work as the coronavirus restrictions are lifted?
- Listen to previous podcasts