Podcast: Supporting employees affected by miscarriage or stillbirth
Vicki Robinson, deputy director at the Miscarriage Association and Jo Broadbent, counsel knowledge lawyer at Hogan Lovells, share their thoughts on how HR, line managers and colleagues can support employees affected by miscarriage or stillbirth.
Topics discussed include:
- employees' rights to time off;
- emotional support and communicating sensitively;
- returning to work;
- the rights of partners and fathers; and
- what to do where an employee suffers a miscarriage at work.
We are also joined by Stephen Simpson, principal employment law editor at XpertHR, to discuss the key documents that employers can use to outline the support available for employees and to confirm their associated rights to time off.
- Policy on supporting employees affected by miscarriage or stillbirth
- Parental bereavement leave policy
- Letter to employee who suffers miscarriage explaining their maternity rights
- Letter to employee whose partner suffers miscarriage explaining their paternity rights
- Letter to employee who suffers stillbirth explaining their maternity rights
- Letter to employee whose partner suffers stillbirth explaining their paternity rights