Podcast: The Job Support Scheme
Employment lawyer Darren Newman discusses the Job Support Scheme, which takes effect on 1 November 2020, including: the parameters of the scheme and to whom it applies; funding arrangements; and its potential impact for employers.
We also look at the consequences of the self-isolation regulations for employers and workers.
NOTE: On 9 October 2020, after this podcast was recorded, the Chancellor announced that the Job Support Scheme would be expanded to provide support for businesses that are legally required to close under coronavirus restrictions. For details of the extension to the scheme, see What financial support is available under the Job Support Scheme for businesses that are required to close under coronavirus restrictions?.
- What is the Job Support Scheme?
- How much will the Government contribute to employees' wages under the Job Support Scheme?
- Job Support Scheme: Letter explaining your organisation's plans as closure of furlough scheme approaches
- Letter reminding workers not to attend work if required to self-isolate
- Coronavirus: resource round-up