Podcast: When can an employer dismiss for some other substantial reason?
Max Winthrop, partner and head of the employment law team at Short, Richardson and Forth LLP, discusses the circumstances that may justify a some other substantial reason dismissal including: changing an employee's terms and conditions; third-party pressure to dismiss; a breakdown in working relations; and where an employee refuses to have the coronavirus vaccine.
- Letter to employee confirming dismissal for some other substantial reason
- Contract clause on third-party pressure to dismiss
- Employment law manual: Unfair dismissal
- How to change the terms of existing employment contracts
- Phoenix House Ltd v Stockman and another 
- Ezsias v North Glamorgan NHS Trust 
- McFarlane v Relate Avon Ltd 
- Listen to previous podcasts