Webinar: Avoiding unfair constructive dismissal claims
It is crucial that employers follow a fair dismissal procedure and take all necessary steps to minimise the risk of unfair dismissal claims and reputation damage. But supposing it is the employee who leaves and then claims constructive dismissal? What risks does the employer face?
Max Winthrop guides you through everything you need to know about constructive dismissals and how they can be defended, including:
- what amounts to a fundamental breach of contract;
- the best ways to avoid a breach;
- vulnerable employees who leave without knowing about their legal rights - can they still claim constructive dismissal?
- circumstances where the employee may have waived or affirmed the breach;
- does repudiatory conduct by an employer have to be the sole cause of an employee leaving?
- the last straw; and
- whether an employer can cure a breach.
This one-hour webinar includes a Q&A session.