Webinar: Disability inclusion at work - the why and the how
With over 14 million disabled people in the UK alone, overlooking disability equality and access can come at a real detriment to your business. By making reasonable adjustments you can comply with your legal duty, expand your talent pool, create a positive culture and retain skilled staff.
In this webinar, Karen Jackson (founder-director of Didlaw, pictured left) and Jen Rooney (workplace wellbeing and disability inclusion specialist, right) discuss how organisations can advance disability inclusion in their workplace. This session covers:
- How should you adjust your return to workplace policy to give proper support to disabled employees?
- What further adjustments must you make to your COVID-adapted workplace to comply with your duty to make reasonable adjustments?
- Are employees with long COVID disabled and what's the best way to support them?
- Beyond compliance, how can you reassure disabled employees who are anxious about returning for health reasons?
- What makes a workplace adjustment reasonable?
Watch the video
- How to comply with the duty to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
- Good practice manual: Supporting the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace
- Line manager briefing: Disability discrimination
- Law reports: Employment tribunal round-up - reasonable adjustments in the workplace
- Watch previous webinars on demand