Coronavirus (COVID-19): Temporary changes to workplace policies and procedures
Original author: Stephen Simpson
When to use this model coronavirus policy
Use this model HR policy to set out temporary deviations from your organisation's usual policies and procedures during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
This policy follows the Government's latest advice on:
- the Coronavirus Job Protection Scheme and furloughing staff;
- households with possible coronavirus infection;
- shielding for the extremely vulnerable;
- the introduction of the NHS 111 "isolation note";
- the closure of schools; and
- travel advice.
On 18 May 2020, the Government added "a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)" to the symptoms that should trigger self-isolation. Employers should update their guidance to staff to reflect this - see below.