Coronavirus (COVID-19): Temporary changes to workplace policies and procedures
Original author: Stephen Simpson
When to use this model coronavirus policy
Use this model policy to set out temporary deviations from your organisation's usual policies and procedures during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
This policy follows the Government's latest advice on:
- the Coronavirus Job Protection Scheme and furloughing staff (published on 26 March 2020);
- staying at home and away from others (updated on 23 March 2020);
- social distancing for everyone in the UK and protecting older people and vulnerable adults (updated on 23 March 2020);
- travel advice (updated on 23 March 2020);
- households with possible coronavirus infection (updated on 23 March 2020);
- the closure of schools (updated on 19 March 2020);
- the introduction of the NHS 111 "isolation note" (on 20 March 2020); and
- "self-shielding" for the extremely vulnerable (on 21 March 2020).