Introduce, manage and review a voluntary benefits scheme
- A voluntary benefits scheme enables employees to access a range of discounted products or services, usually at little or no cost to the employer.
- Employers can negotiate with individual suppliers or enter into a relationship with a provider.
- Issues that employers will need to consider include: how the voluntary benefits scheme fits within the wider benefits strategy; details of the package to be made available; the launch; employee communication and engagement; and how success will be measured.
- Employers operating a voluntary benefits scheme should carry out a regular review to check that it is fulfilling its objectives. This will allow them to make sure that the benefits being offered are relevant and being used by employees.
- Voluntary benefits can be introduced alongside, or as a combined package with, flexible benefits.