Make a claim for financial assistance to cover the costs of replacing a mobilised member of the reserve forces

Key points

  • Where a member of the reserve forces is mobilised, their employer may apply to the Ministry of Defence for an employer's award in respect of the costs of replacing the reservist where these costs exceed the reservist's earnings, up to a daily cap.
  • The employer can also claim financial assistance to cover certain costs, such as recruitment advertising and agency fees.
  • Some small and medium-sized employers can claim an employer's payment of up to £500 per month.

XpertHR resources