Terms and conditions
This online service ('the Service') is provided by Reed Business Information Limited ('RBI').
The following terms and conditions apply to your use of the Service and the materials and information it contains ('Materials'). In these terms and conditions 'Subscriber' means an individual paying subscriber, Authorised User means an employee duly authorised by an organisation which is a Subscriber and Limited User means a person who is neither a Subscriber or Authorised User but has access to the Service authorised by RBI on a trial, registered user or other limited basis. Each of these categories is referred to as a 'User'. Unauthorised Person means any person who is neither a Subscriber nor a User.
If required, Users must indicate agreement with these terms and conditions by clicking 'I have read and agree to the user terms and conditions' on the account activation screen. A User accepting these terms on behalf of a business entity represents that s/he has the authority to do so.
1. Restrictions on Use
Subscribers and Authorised Users may view all Materials included in their subscription, subject to the terms of the subscription. The amount of content that other Users may view using the Service depends on user status. Limited Users will not be permitted to view any full-text articles within the Materials and may only view select excerpts of the Materials as determined by XpertHR in its sole discretion.
XpertHR may vary the amount of Material each category of Limited User may access from time to time and in its sole discretion. From time to time XpertHR may invite specific groups of Limited Users to access certain select portions of the Service or Materials which may be the same as or different from the access normally given to that particular user type.
Users may use the Service and the Materials that they are entitled to access from time to time for their own private or business research, and for this purpose may:
- display the Materials on screen,
- make single printouts of individual items using the printing commands of the web browser, and
- download and store in machine readable form for no more than ninety (90) days a single copy of insubstantial portions of the Materials included in a particular file, primarily for one person's exclusive use.
Users may not:
- make multiple printouts or copies of Materials for distribution to others except where permitted in the Materials themselves,
- re-sell the Service or any part of the Materials to others,
- make the Service or any Materials available on a local area network, a wide area network or on any intranet or extranet. A separate multi-user licence is available for this purpose,
- download, store, reproduce, transmit, display, copy, distribute or use the Materials other than as permitted by paragraph 1 above.
- Any other use requires our prior written consent. Contact us.
Passwords are for the personal use of the User to whom they are issued may not be made available to others for the purpose of using the Service. If RBI suspects that a password is being used by an Unauthorised Person it may cancel the password.
RBI may suspend or terminate access to the Service of any User reasonably suspected to have breached these terms and conditions, with or without notice and without further obligation. RBI may also terminate access of Limited Users for any reason, with or without notice and without further obligation.
- Materials and features may be added to and removed from the Service without notice.
- The Materials and information included in the Service are provided for reference purposes only. They are not intended either as a substitute for professional advice or judgement or to provide legal or other advice with respect to particular circumstances.
- Every effort is made to keep Materials up to date but users are advised to obtain independent verification or advice before relying on any piece of information in circumstances where loss or damage may result.
- The Service and Materials are provided on an 'as is' basis and RBI excludes to the extent permitted by law all implied as warranties relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
- All intellectual property rights and other rights in the Service and Materials (in both machine readable and printed form) belong to Reed Business Information Limited or its third party licensors. Users and Subscribers acquire no proprietary interest in the Service or Materials and except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions may not use the Service or the Materials in any way that infringes the intellectual property rights in them.
- Users and Subscribers may not obscure or remove any copyright notices that appear on Materials printed from the Service.
- RELX Group and the RE symbol are trademarks of RELX Intellectual Properties SA, used under license.
7. Limitation of Liability
- The total aggregate liability of RBI in connection with your use of the Service or Materials (other than for death or personal injury caused by its negligence) shall not exceed the amount paid or payable by the relevant Subscriber or, if no payment is due, five hundred pounds (£500).
- The liability of RBI for interruptions to availability of the Service caused by circumstances within its control shall not exceed the amount paid by the relevant Subscriber for access to the Service. The only obligation of RBI in respect of interruptions caused by circumstances outside its control shall be to use all reasonable efforts to have the Service reinstated. XpertHR contains links to external sites. RBI is not responsible for and has no control over the content of such sites. Information on XpertHR, or available via hypertext link from XpertHR, is made available without responsibility on the part of RBI. To the extent permitted by law, RBI disclaims all responsibility and liability in relation to information accessible from XpertHR.
8. Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the Laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.