Podcast: Short-term sickness absence in the workplace
In this week's podcast, we discuss different aspects of short-term sickness absence and explore the practical steps that employers can take when dealing with this type of absence.
In particular, we cover:
- the employer's first steps when an employee calls in sick;
- why it's important to record and review absences;
- the issue of pay during sick leave;
- managing short-term sickness absence; and
- whether or not there are any discrimination implications arising from short-term sickness absence.
Presenter Ellie Gelder is joined by Sarah Anderson. Edited and produced by Claire Scullin.
Short-term sickness absence in the workplace
21 April 2017