Which duties are union learning representatives allowed paid time off to carry out?
Union learning representatives are entitled to paid time off to carry out duties relating to:
- analysing training or learning needs;
- arranging training or learning;
- providing information and advice about training or learning;
- promoting the value of training or learning;
- preparation for the above;
- consulting the employer about the above; and
- undergoing the training necessary to provide the above.
The employer must be notified in writing by a recognised union that the relevant individual is a learning representative and has satisfied the necessary training conditions, or will do within six months.