This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Bulgaria: Contracts of employment
- Employment contracts must be in writing and contain certain minimum terms, and employers must inform the public tax authorities about all new contracts. (See General)
- A probationary period may be agreed by the employer and employee, based on a specific form of fixed-term employment contract with a maximum duration of six months. (See Probationary periods)
- Employment contracts may be concluded on an open-ended basis or for a fixed term, but are deemed to be open ended unless expressly agreed otherwise. (See Types of contract)
- Employment contracts must contain provisions on matters such as their duration, the place of work, the job title, the nature of the work, remuneration, working hours, paid annual leave and notice periods. (See Written statement of terms of employment)
- The employer and employee must generally agree in writing to any variation of the terms of the employment contract, and the employer may unilaterally vary the terms only in certain limited cases specified by statute. (See Variation of contract)
Access to the International manual product requires a subscription