This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Germany: Contracts of employment
- A contract of employment is established when an offer is made by an employer and accepted by an employee with the intention to create a legal relationship. (See General)
- There is a legal definition of an "employee", whose contract of employment may be ongoing or for a fixed term. (See Types of contract)
- Generally employers must provide employees with a written statement of their main contractual terms. (See Written statement of terms of employment)
- Rules in German contract law regarding "standard business terms" apply to most employment contracts. (See Standard business terms and employment contracts)
- If an employer cannot reach agreement with an employee regarding varying his or her terms, it may dismiss the employee and offer a new contract. (See Dismissal for variation of contract)
Access to the International manual product requires a subscription