Documentation acceptable as proof of right to work in the UK - indefinite right to work in the UK (list A)

Under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, to establish that an individual has the right to work in the UK, an employer must check and copy or record one of a number of specified documents (or two documents in a specified combination) from list A or list B. The documents in list A indicate that the holder is entitled to live and work in the UK indefinitely.