Early conciliation FAQs published
From 6 May 2014, notifying Acas through the early conciliation process becomes mandatory for those employees wanting to bring an employment tribunal claim. New FAQs answer employers' questions on the process.
- Who will Acas contact about the early conciliation of a potential employment tribunal claim?
- Will a failure by either party to engage in early conciliation be taken into account by an employment tribunal?
- Is a fee payable by employees or employers wanting to make use of Acas early conciliation?
- Is it possible for a potential claimant to lodge a claim with an employment tribunal without first notifying Acas through the early conciliation process?
- Can a potential claimant's legal representative contact Acas and engage in early conciliation on his or her behalf?
- How long will a potential claimant have to lodge an employment tribunal claim if early conciliation is not successful?
- For how long after an employee has left an organisation can he or she make use of early conciliation?