Greece: Health and safety
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Greece, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- The central principle of health and safety law is that employers bear the legal responsibility to ensure the safety, health and welfare of employees at work. (See General)
- Employers and employees have various duties regarding health and safety. (See Duties on employers and Duties on employees)
- Regulations impose specific health and safety duties on employers in relation to various matters and types of work. (See Specific duties)
- Control and monitoring of occupational health and safety is the responsibility of the Ministry of Employment and Social Protection through the labour inspectorate. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- A worker injured as a result of an accident at work, or contracting an illness as a result of work activity, is entitled to compensation for the injury or illness. (See Compensation for injury or illness)