Indonesia: Contracts of employment
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Indonesia, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Open-ended employment contracts may be written or oral, while fixed-term contracts must be in writing. (See General)
- An open-ended employment contract may provide for a probationary period, which must not exceed three months. (See Probationary periods)
- Employment contracts may be open ended or, in certain specific circumstances, have a fixed term. (See Types of contract)
- Where an employment contract is drawn up in writing (which is compulsory for fixed-term contracts), it must contain certain specified terms and information. (See Written contract of employment)
- An employment contract may be amended only with the agreement of both parties. (See Variation of contract)