Romania: Training and development
See the legal services provided by the authors of XpertHR International > Romania, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Employers are obliged to ensure that their employees participate in vocational training, at the employer's expense, at least once every two years or once every three years, depending on the size of the employer. (See General)
- Employees are entitled to take unpaid training leave and, in some circumstances, paid training leave. (See Training leave)
- Organisations may host internships, subject to the statutory rules on internship programmes. (See Internships)
- Authorised employers may employ apprentices, under a specific apprenticeship contract. (See Apprenticeships)
- In their first job, graduates may be employed on special "traineeship" contracts, which serve as a form of probationary period. (See Graduate traineeships)