Jersey: Contracts of employment
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Jersey, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- An employment contract can be made orally or in writing, and includes both express and implied terms. (See General)
- There is no statutory requirement for a probationary period, but the employer and employee may agree to one, of any length. (See Probationary periods)
- There are few legal differences between employment contracts for different types of work, but various specific rules apply to fixed-term contracts. (See Types of contract)
- Not later than four weeks after an employee starts work, the employer must provide the employee with a written statement of the terms of their employment. (See Written statement of terms of employment)
- Any changes to fundamental terms and conditions of employment must be agreed with the employee. (See Variation of contract)