Podcast: Restrictive covenants - protecting your business
Enforcing the protection that restrictive covenants provide can be difficult and legally complex, particularly at a time when key commercial interests are at stake and emotions are running high.
Special guest, Patrick Brodie, Head of Employment at law firm RPC and XpertHR contributing author, takes you through what you need to know about restrictive covenants to protect your business effectively, including:
- identifying the types of business interest restrictive covenants can protect;
- drafting covenants to maximise enforceability;
- anticipating the approach taken by the courts;
- weighing up the benefits of settlement versus litigation; and
- alternative protection strategies.
Presenter Laura Merrylees is joined by Patrick Brodie. Edited and produced by Colin Miller.
Restrictive covenants - protecting your business interests
25 May 2018