What should an employer do if an employee does not agree the minutes or notes of a disciplinary or grievance meeting and asks for them to be amended?

Following a disciplinary or grievance meeting, the employer should provide a copy of the minutes or notes taken of the meeting to the employee concerned. If the employee does not agree that the notes are an accurate representation of what was said, the employer should ask them to provide a corrected version. If the employer agrees that the employee's version is accurate, the amendments can be agreed. If it does not agree that the employee's version is accurate, it should keep both versions on record. Should the meeting result in a dispute, for example a tribunal claim, both versions of the notes can be referred to, with acknowledgment that what was said at the meeting is not agreed.