Netherlands: Health and safety
Updating author: Wouter Engelsman and Jasper Hoffstedde, CLINT | Littler
See the legal services provided by the updating authors of XpertHR International > Netherlands, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- Employers are required to ensure all aspects of their employees' health and safety and to seek an optimum level of safe working conditions. (See General)
- Employers and employees have various duties regarding health and safety. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- The nature of safety representation for employees depends on the size of their employer. (See Safety representatives)
- The Netherlands Labour Authority monitors compliance with health and safety legislation, conducts inspections of workplaces, and may take various actions where it finds breaches. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- There is no specific public occupational injury or illness insurance scheme. (See Compensation for injury or illness)