Singapore: Health and safety
See the legal services provided by the authors/consultant editors of XpertHR International > Singapore, including any discounts/offers for subscribers.
- The Workplace Safety and Health Act is the main overall piece of legislation regulating health and safety, and it covers all workplaces. (See General)
- Employers and employees have various duties regarding health and safety. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- Employers must set up a workplace safety and health committee in factories with 50 or more employees. (See Safety representatives)
- The Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health is responsible for ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- An employee who is injured at work or contracts an occupational disease may sue the employer for negligence or may claim statutory work-injury compensation but cannot do both. (See Compensation for occupational injury or illness)