Dee Caunt, chief executive at the Dyslexia Association, shares her thoughts on how organisations can support neurodiverse employees and benefit from their unique strengths.
- the concept of neurodiversity;
- the benefits of employing neurodiverse people;
- the challenges that neurodiverse employees may face at work;
- making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process;
- handling performance issues; and
- getting communication right.
For confidential advice on supporting a dyslexic employee, HR practitioners can call the Dyslexia Association's helpline.
- How to comply with the duty to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
- Model equality, diversity and inclusion statement (long form)
- Case study: How Auto Trader utilises its employee networks to be more inclusive and enhance engagement
- Leading practice guides: Supporting disabled employees and job candidates (1): Why is this so important?